Examination Support materials
The lecturer must provide information regarding permitted examination support materials on Canvas well in advance of the examination. These will also be listed on the front page of the examination question paper.
You cannot expect NHH to provide examination support materials that you can borrow, or extra batteries/pens. Come prepared!
This is an unofficial translation from the Norwegian version of the Supplementary regulations for the Regulations for the full-time studies and is provided for information purposes only. Authenticity remains with the Norwegian version. In the event of any inconsistency, the Norwegian version shall prevail.
Permitted examination support materials must be stated in the course description.
- Examination support materials will be subject to inspection before the examination.
- Candidates who meet after the examination has started must give permitted support material to the invigilators for inspection immediately on arrival.
- Illegal examination support materials, or materials that are not in accordance with the regulations will be seized, and will not be returned until the examination is finished. The candidate will not be compensated for seized material. In addition, other sanctions may be imposed.
- Permitted examination support materials must be bound. Copies are not permitted unless specifically stated in the course description. The examination support materials may not have any loose sheets.
- You may not borrow support materals from other candidates during an examination.
- A candidate may bring one laptop (PC or Mac) and a charger to a digital examination. Hybrid computers (e.g. Surface) may only be used with a complete version of Windows (not RT or 10S). Tablets may not be used.
- Wireless equipment is not permitted during an examination.
- Electronic dictionaries are not permitted.
- Economic or legal dictionaries are not permitted.
- For examination in language and law, own rules may apply - see course description.
- One bilingual dictionary may be used, unless the course description states otherwise.
- No references are permitted in dictionaries.
In permitted examination support materials, apart from dictionaries, it may be incorporated:
- References to other permitted support materials
- References to published court decisions
- You are permitted to underline words and all or parts of sentences, and you can use colored markers in multiple colours. Makring individual letters of the text to form words is not permitted.
- You are permitted to correct errors in incorporated references using correction fluid, but you cannot remove printed text.
- Indexing (tabs, etc.) is permitted. These may only indicate the name or abbreviation for the act, the year, number and chapter headings precisely as they appear on the page being indexed. Names of mathematical formulas are also permitted.
References should be made in the following manner:
- References to laws and regulations shall only contain the title and/or date (possibly no.), chapter, section and/or subsection, sentence, number or litra. Referencing several sources or sections in the same reference such as several paragraphs, are permitted.
- References to published court decision should take the following form: RG or RT (year)-(page) or in the form published in Lovdata.
- Common abbreviations may be used. A reference may be written as follows: "strl.ikrl. §25, opph.v.l. 25/2-72 nr. 3."
- You may only introduce references with the following words: Cancelled, changed, see, compare, confer og compare.
- You can number the individual subsections in a section and sentences in subsections in consecutive order.
The course description will state if calculators are permitted during an examination. The memory of the calculator must be emptied before the exam. You must be able to show that the calculator memory is empty. If you cannot, the calculator may not be used during the exam.
Memory cards are not permitted.
User handbooks/manuals and must be removed from the calculator before the start of the exam.
bachelor level courses
If calculator is permitted, the following varieties may be used during an examination:
- Casio fx-CG 10/20/50
- Casio fx 9750/9860
- Casio cfx 9850/9950
- Texas Instruments 83/84
Master level courses
If calculator is permitted, any calculator, with the exception of calculators with wireless communication options may be used.
This text is translated and taken from Supplementary Provisions, Chapter 4.0 Assessment (Exam) and Course Approval (Norwegian pdf).